Our natural Chamomile-Vanilla Sugar blend is hand-crafted with organic cane sugar and organic chamomile. Chamomile is an edible flower that is well-known as a tea. But it is so much more. Paired with vanilla, the sweet apple taste of chamomile takes on a rich, herbal-fruit flavor. Delicious and versatile, there are many wonderful ways to use Chamomile-Vanilla Sugar. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Perfect for tea, hot or iced.
- Make into a syrup for your cocktails or use as a rimmer.
Baking and Desserts
- Tryin fruit crisp by mixing with the fruit or in the streusel topping.
- Sprinkle on top of fruit muffins before baking.
- Very nice on top of a fruit tart or in a fruit pie.
- Use in cakes, especially pound, butter, or angel food cake.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies, shortbread, scones, or sweet breads before baking.
- In rice or bread pudding.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, biscuits, or scones. These are great for afternoon tea, as well.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Top fresh fruit, especially berries, cherries, or stone fruit.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of yogurt.
Sauces and Sides
- Glaze butter-sautéed fruit (pears, apples, pineapple).
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and glaze with lemon verbena sugar.
- Sprinkle over green salads with fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, mango, or papaya, or dried cranberries.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette with minced fresh ginger. Spoon over fish or vegetables.
- Try a spoonful in mayonnaise and use for slaws.
- Glaze shrimp sauteed in olive oil or butter.
- Grill or broil pork tenderloin and sprinkle with chamomile-vanilla sugar.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, organic lemon verbena.
This product is 100% Organic.