New Mexico Chile Powder
Classic earthy, herbal, and sweet New Mexico Chile Powder is a blend of spices used most often to flavor Chili con Carne or other types of Chili. A convenient seasoning for Chili, this union of spices works in many more dishes. Great rich flavor with a medium bite, New Mexico Chile Powder is a satisfying blend of chile, cumin, and oregano. This blend is salt free so that you may flavor dishes as you like with sea salt.
Check out these great ideas for using New Mexico Chile Powder:
- As a rub for meats (especially ribs), poultry, or shellfish.
- Make and season "pulled" chicken.
- Mix into burgers.
- Use in tacos, fajitas, burritos, or enchiladas.
- Sprinkle on avocado or guacamole.
- Try in breakfast sandwiches.
- Flavor chili con carne, chicken, or vegetarian chili.
- Adds a richness to rice, grains, bean, or lentil dishes.
- Sneak a teaspoon into tomato sauces.
- Scatter inside a lunch time favorite before cooking: grilled cheese.
- Add to mac and cheese, fondue, or other cheese dishes.
Spices lose their potency once they are ground, or exposed to heat or light. We use whole spices for optimal flavor and grind them as needed, then package the blends in black rice paper bags to keep them away from light. Store the blends in a cool spot and use within 2-3 months. This blend is salt free.