Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
Made with cinnamon and sweet spices, this blend is warm and comforting. Perfect for pumpkin pie or cheesecake, apple pie or sauce, squashes or sweet potatoes. New and different on popcorn, in a grilled cheese, or with potato pancakes. Experiment and enjoy.
We make all of our spice blends in small batches to ensure freshness and package in a black rice paper bag to keep the light out.
This blend is salt free so that you may flavor dishes as you like with sea salt.
Check out these great ideas for using Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend:
- Roasted squash soup
- Use to make spiced nuts
- Dust buttered popcorn
- Mix into the custard of a Quiche Lorraine
- Sprinkle on hummus and serve with apple slices for a quick lunch
- In a grilled cheese
- Add to a simple vinaigrette or dressing and use to season vegetables, chicken, or meats
- Use as a rub for chops and steaks; grill, panfry, or broil
- Mix with olive oil and toss beets, carrots, onions, and potatoes and roast
- Sprinkle on a baked sweet potato
- Dust potato pancakes
Spices lose their potency once they are ground, or exposed to heat or light. We use whole spices for optimal flavor and grind them as needed, then package the blends in black rice paper bags to keep them away from light. Store the blends in a cool spot and use within 2-3 months. This blend is salt free.