Sumac Ginger Blend
Sumac berries are prized in eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking for their striking ruby color and tart flavor. Our Sumac Ginger Blend is bright, floral, and fruity with heat and a bite. The flavors are rounded with a touch of garlic and a pinch of sea salt.
Check out these great ideas for using Sumac Ginger Blend:
- As a rub for kebabs or other cuts of meat (espcially pork and lamb), poultry or seafood.
- Mix with olive oil and lime for a marinade.
- Use with tofu dishes.
- Add to rice, bulger, or couscous.
- Season yogurt dishes and sauces.
- Add to a stir-fry of vegetables.
Spices lose their potency once they are ground, or exposed to heat or light. We use whole spices for optimal flavor and grind them as needed, then package the blends in black rice paper bags to keep them away from light. Store the blends in a cool spot and use within 2-3 months. This blend contains salt.