Slowly smoked for several hours over an apple wood fire, this smoked salt is softly flavored with a touch of sweetness and a gentle crunch. It is smoked in small batches and slowly turned to expose all the crystals to the smoke, enveloping them with apple wood flavor. This is a fine grain salt.
Here are some Suggested Uses:
- Spend some time in the kitchen with this smoked sea salt; it will not disappoint!
- Try on meats, poultry, seafood, eggs, rice, potatoes, vegetables, and fruit, especially apples
- Use in soups, stews, and braises
- Sprinkle on ice cream and chocolate or caramel sauces
- Sneak a few crystals into an apple pie with several slivers of cheddar for a New England treat
- Great to use in a rub
- Drop a grain or two into a glass of ale or dark rum cocktail
good, but very mild
Posted by Gail Miller on 6th May 2020
It's obviously quality salt...love the texture, but not quite smoky enough for me so I'm going back to the Hickory smoked salt. This is fine to put on top of foods, but is very salty so use sparingly!
My Favorite Salt
Posted by Virginia on 26th Feb 2020
This is an excellent salt choice. It delivers a sweet and smoky flavor that is great on many dishes. I use it on beef, poultry, fruit, desserts, pasta and salads. I never want to be without this salt; I am always sure to have this on hand.