Slowly smoked for several hours over an apple wood fire, this smoked salt is softly flavored with a touch of sweetness and a gentle crunch. It is smoked in small batches and slowly turned to expose all the crystals to the smoke, enveloping them with apple wood flavor. This is a fine grain salt.
Here are some Suggested Uses:
- Spend some time in the kitchen with this smoked sea salt; it will not disappoint!
- Try on meats, poultry, seafood, eggs, rice, potatoes, vegetables, and fruit, especially apples
- Use in soups, stews, and braises
- Sprinkle on ice cream and chocolate or caramel sauces
- Sneak a few crystals into an apple pie with several slivers of cheddar for a New England treat
- Great to use in a rub
- Drop a grain or two into a glass of ale or dark rum cocktail