Fresh, ripe blackberries season this almost-purple sugar blend. Ours is hand-crafted with organic cane sugar and rich, bright-tasting blackberries. Delicious and versatile, there are many wonderful ways to use blackberry sugar. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Stir in tea, hot or iced.
- Use as a cocktail rimmer.
Baking and Desserts
- With any apple or pear dessert.
- Fill warm crepes with a compound butter made with blackberry sugar.
- Lemon desserts.
- White chocolate desserts or sprinkled on top a white chocolate cheesecake.
- Sprinkle on top of fruit muffins before baking.
- Very nice on top of an almond tart.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies, scones, or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Top fresh fruit, especially melon or stone fruit.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt.
- Mix with mascarpone for dessert.
Sauces and Sides
- Sprinkle over pumpkin or winter squash puree.
- Toast pepitas (pumpkin seeds) with the sugar.
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and glaze with sugar.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette, especially balsamic vinaigrette. Spoon over fish or steamed vegetables.
- Try a spoonful in mayonnaise and use for slaws.
- Make cranberry sauce with blackberry sugar.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, blackberries.
Posted by Kris on 1st Jan 2018
I really loved this product. I used the blackberry sugar on my yogurt and on toast. I was not disappointed. It was delicious a little goes a long way. I intend to use it on top of cobblers and other desserts. I have also purchased the Espresso sugar as well and again loved it!
I would highly recommend this product and company to anyone who is interested in trying new products. I will be making future purchases from this company.
Thank you so much!