Deep, rich, Caramel Sugar is made with cane sugar. Nothing else. No additives, coloring agents, anti-caking chemicals. Ours is hand-crafted with just one ingredient: cane sugar. You will see small bits of caramelized sugar in the blend. this is natural. Delicious and versatile, there are many wonderful ways to use Caramel Sugar. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Stir in coffee or tea, hot or iced.
- Smoothies, punch, or juice blends.
- Use as a cocktail rimmer or in coffee cocktails.
Baking and Desserts
- With fruit desserts such as crisps, tarts, pies, sauces. Especially with peaches, strawberries, apples or pears.
- Fill warm crepes with a compound butter made with caramel sugar. Top with chocolate shavings.
- Chocolate or coffee desserts such as mousse, pudding, custard sauces.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Very nice on top of an almond tart.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered and toasted breads, bagels, biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dust pancakes, waffles, French toast, or crepes.
- Top fresh fruit, especially berries or stone fruit.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt.
- Mix with mascarpone for dessert.
Sauces and Sides
- Sprinkle over pumpkin or winter squash puree.
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and top with sugar.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette, especially balsamic vinaigrette. Spoon over fish, shellfish, chicken breasts, or steamed vegetables.
- Use to make rhubarb or cranberry sauce.
- Add to Asian sauces or dipping sauces.
Ingredients: Cane sugar.