Coconut Milk Sugar (Not to be confused with Coconut Palm Sugar)
Need a change in your morning smoothie? Try our Coconut Milk Sugar.It makes a rich, amazing drink, full of nutrients.
Our Coconut Milk Sugar is not coconut palm sugar, confusingly called coconut sugar. Coconut palm sugar is made from the nectar of the coconut palm (not from coconuts themselves) that is boiled and ground to a grainy texture. The color is brown, the flavor malty.
Our Coconut Milk Sugar is blended with coconut milk. This is made by drying coconut meat at a low temperature to preserve nutrients, and finely ground.
For best flavor and potency when not using, keep tightly closed in a cool, dark, dry cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
Rich and creamy, our Coconut Milk Sugar is delicious and versatile. There are many wonderful ways to use it; here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Smoothies and Lassi.
- Use as a rimmer for tropical cocktails or in coffee cocktails.
Baking and Desserts
- With fruit crisps and tarts. Especially with tropical fruits.
- Grill or roast stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots) and top with sugar.
- Chocolate or coffee desserts such as mousse, pudding, custard sauces.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Top fresh fruit.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt.
- Mix with mascarpone for dessert.
- Season grilled shrimp.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette. Spoon over fish, shellfish, chicken breasts, or salad with tropical fruit.
- Use to make fruit chutney.
- Add to Asian sauces or dipping sauces.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, unsweetened coconut milk, cassava root*.
*Coconut milk contains a small amount of cassava root (tapioca) to prevent clumping.
Allergy: contains tree nuts.
Dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free.