Garden Herb Sea Salt
Our new house-blended version of the classic French sea salt, Sel Gris aux Herbes, captures the garden in one mix. Our new Garden Herb Sea Salt is an infusion of moist, coarse grain Celtic sea salt (also known as Grey Sea Salt or Sel Gris) with all the classic herbs from a Brittany seaside garden; thyme, rosemary, and more. Amazingly good on just about everything, it is the perfect rub for birds when mixed with olive oil or on roasted meats. It also adds delicious flavor to soup, vegetables, and eggs.
For best flavor and potency when not using, keep tightly closed in a cool, dark cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy our Garden Herb Sea Salt:
- Great for brining birds or meats
- Chicken, especially roasted
- Roasted meats
- Egg dishes, especially scrambled or in an omlette
- Steamed or roasted vegetables
- Bean dishes, especially kidney or white kidney beans
- Soup, especially vegetable soup
- Any kind of potato: roasted, baked, mashed, pancakes, home fries
- Season unsalted butter and use for bread or to make garlic bread