Himalayan Salt Brick - Thin - 4" x 8" x 1"
These thin Himalayan Salt Bricks are 4" x 8" x 1" and are extremely versatile. They can be used hot or cold, for cooking or serving. Use as a serving dish for food, such as crudite, sushi, or fresh cheese, as the brick imparts a mild salty and mineral flavor unique to Himalayan salt. To be used as a cooking surface, the thin bricks are slowly preheated in a 400-500 degree oven and then used to sear seafood, meats, and vegetables.
These Bricks are hand-cut and their thickness is 1", making them lighter with the same surface area as a regular brick shape.
Choose from pink or white. Each brick is unique in color.
For decorative use, these salt bricks look lovely propped in a window. Place the brick on a plate or other protective surface as in humid weather it may release moisture. Salt is said to bring good luck to homes, making these exquisite Himalayan bricks the perfect housewarming gift.
- Use as a serving platter for moist foods such as sushi, fruit, vegetables, fresh cheese or other hors d’oeuvres.
- Place brick in oven and preheat for 30 minutes at 400 to 500° or under the broiler. Roast or broil thin, quick-cooking food until done.
- Preheat brick on an outdoor grill for a twist on regular grilling—perfect for both sweet and savory dishes.
- Chill the brick and use to serve unsalted butter.
- Freeze the brick for 2 hours, and then top with scoops of ice cream or sorbet.
CARE AND CLEANING
- After each use, cool the brick on a wire rack.
- Simply wash the cooled brick with warm water and a soft brush. This removes a thin layer of salt from the brick. Pat dry with a paper towel and place on a rack to dry completely.
- No detergent is necessary as the salt has inherent anti-microbial properties—making your brick safe to use for years!
- Handle your brick with care, as it will break if dropped.