Season with flowers. Herbal, aromatic lavender, the sun, the smells of Provence in this little jar of sea salt. Lavender Sea Salt is an infusion of our moist, crunchy sea salt with French lavender flowers. Scatter liberally over French dishes, especially those from the south of France, but also try some new inspirations to add a little something special to everyday dishes.
For best flavor and potency when not using, keep tightly closed in a cool, dark cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
This is how we have enjoyed our Lavender Salt so far:
- Crackers, soft fresh cheese (ricotta, mozzarella, goat, cottage, cream cheese, or Greek yogurt), drizzle of honey, sprinkle of Lavender Sea Salt
- Lamb chops or butterflied leg, grilled or panfried, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with Lavender Sea Salt
- Chicken, grilled or roasted, or salad with grapes and almonds
- Seafood, especially seafood soups or scallops with a squeeze of lemon
- Roasted vegetables, especially carrots, onions, and zucchini
- Season Ratatouille
- Season unsalted butter and use for bread or to make garlic bread
- Corn on or off the cob
- Rice or quinoa dishes, especially rice salad
- Buttered egg noodles or pasta with pesto
- Shortbread before baking
- Lemon bars after baking
- Caramel or chocolate sauces
- Fresh fruit slices or berries, such as melons, pineapple, peaches, papaya, blueberries, or strawberries
- Buttered popcorn
- Rim a margarita using lemon or orange juice on the rim
Find Similar Products by Tag
Posted by Nan Schifris on 15th Dec 2016
Lavender is a staple in my kitchen for both sweet and savory dishes. I've tried many "brands" of lavender salt and never been quite satisfied... until Salt Traders introduced theirs. It's the perfect balance of lavender and salt, with neither overpowering the other. It's awesome on grilled chicken or in homemade chicken soup. It lends a very mellow flavor to beef and pork. A little on top of scrambled eggs (especially with a bit of gruyere) is yummy. Roasted cauliflower is especially great with lavender salt added just before serving.