Want to liven up your summer fare? And beverages? Try our Mango Sugar. It makes a tart, bright, fruity seasoning for drinks and food.
For best flavor and potency when not using, keep tightly closed in a cool, dark, dry cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
Tart and bright, Mango Sugar is delicious and versatile. There are many wonderful ways to use it; here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Smoothies and Lassi.
- Use as a rimmer for tropical cocktails or in coffee cocktails.
Baking and Desserts
- With fruit crisps and tarts. Especially with tropical fruits.
- Lemon or orange desserts such as mousse, pudding, custard sauces.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Sprinkle on butter/sugar cookies or coffee cake before baking.
- Use in whipped cream for desserts.
- Sprinkle on buttered biscuits, or scones.
- Hot cereal, such as oatmeal.
- Dip fruit pieces in sugar, especially strawberries.
- Sprinkle on a bowl of plain yogurt.
- Mix with mascarpone for dessert.
- Season grilled shrimp.
- Sprinkle on chilled salmon for a salad.
- Use a tablespoon or so in a vinaigrette. Spoon over fish, shellfish, chicken breasts, or salad with tropical fruit.
- Use in fruit sauces.
Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, mango powder.