We sprinkle pepper daily over much of our food as a warm, spicy condiment. With our tower collection of peppercorns you may venture off the pepper path and try the different types on specific dishes. We have selected 5 for your experimentation. Ranging in heat and spice, these peppercorns offer a unique way to test and pick your favorite.
- Tellicherry Pepper - 10 grams -grown in the same region as our exclusive Wynad pepper, Tellicherry is one of the finest peppercorns. Fragrant with spice, fruitiness, and front of the mouth heat.
- Szechuan Pepper - 6 grams - woodsy, minty, citrusy, lavendery flavor with a cooling sensation in the mouth. Toast in a dry skillet for a few minutes to bring out full flavor.
- Muntok White Pepper - 10 grams - spicier than black peppercorns with an herbal, fruity flavor. Lacks the full aroma of black. Use with all food and especially when you do not want to see black flecks.
- Rainbow Pepper - 8 grams - a well-balanced blend of black, white, green, and pink peppercorns. Delicious as an all-purpose pepper. See pink peppercorn allergy information, bellow**
- Asian Pepper (Wynad Black Pepper, our exclusive organic pepper from Kerala, India) - 10 grams -higher volatile oil content makes this pepper the spiciest of all. A nice tingling on the lips and rich complex flavor and aroma.
The Salt Traders Peppercorn Collection is in our unique tower packaging. Tower size is 5" tall by 2" diameter.
Makes a great gift!
**Allergy Information: Pink Peppercorns are a member of the cashew family and may cause an anaphylactic reaction in those who are allergic to tree nuts/cashews.
Posted by Patricia Jane Angeline on 20th Jun 2022
The smell and taste add greatly to many meals.
Pick a Pepper For All Your Needs...
Posted by Marilyn on 2nd Dec 2013
What fun, delicious, and makes a great gift. Each pepper makes a totally different tasting dish. Delish. Boring cook no more.
Posted by Juce Jenson on 7th Jun 2013
I haven't used this, got it for the SIL, he loves pepper so thought he should have some of the best I can find. I will however keep you posted on his comments....